[lxc-devel] Linux 4.6-rc1..rc5 /proc/meminfo infinite loop in Linux Container

Adam Richter adamrichter4 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 00:12:33 UTC 2016

Hi.

In Linux 4.6-rc1 through the latest release candidate (Linux 4.6-rc5),
"cat /proc/meminfo" repeats its output in an infinite loop when run in
a Linux Container, even though it works fine when run on the host.
Linux 4.5 does not have exhibit this problem.

I observed this problem on Ubuntu 16.04 64-bit using x86-64 kernels.

I can post kernel .config files if there is interest and if someone
will let me know what the proper etiquette for doing so on this
mailing list (for example, are gzip'ed attachments OK?).

If I am able to devote some time to bisecting the kernel revision, I
will post an update, but I am sending this message now in the hopes
that someone will recognize a probable source of this regression.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Adam Richter