[lxc-devel] Unprivileged containers don't start with lxcfs 2.0.0

Mathias Gibbens mathias at calenhad.com
Thu Apr 7 00:25:52 UTC 2016

On Tue, 2016-04-05 at 16:45 +0000, Mathias Gibbens wrote:
> On Tue, 2016-04-05 at 14:59 +0000, Serge Hallyn wrote:
> > Quoting Mathias Gibbens (mathias at calenhad.com):

> > Which lxc version is this.  What pkg source specifically.
>
>   This is lxc 2.0.0.rc15 compiled directly from the release source at
> https://github.com/lxc/lxc/archive/lxc-2.0.0.rc15.tar.gz. The configure
> command I've been using is
>
> > ./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var --with-init-script=systemd --enable-doc --enable-apparmor --enable-seccomp --enable-capabilities --enable-cgmanager --enable-python
>
>   I have also been compiling lxcfs from source as well. I had been running lxcfs 2.0.0.beta1 before jumping to the 2.0.0 release. I haven't had time to try any of the in-between rc's to further pinpoint where things broke.

  I've spent some time trying to pinpoint where lxcfs broke, at least
for me. 2.0.0.rc7 works fine, but 2.0.0.rc8 does not work. I see from
the commits that rc8 introduced the access(2) call; is that maybe
breaking something unexpectedly?

  Has anyone else run into this problem? I'm not doing anything fancy in
my setup. The only other possibly relevant information would be that I'm
running a 4.4.6 kernel that's been hardened with the grsec patch.
Everything else is plain vanilla Debian 8.