[lxc-devel] lxc and CAP_DAC_READ_SEARCH capability for ifs ganesha

Csaba Dobo dobocsaba at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 11:58:08 UTC 2016

Hi,

I am new to lxc, but managed to use it on ubuntu 14.

I need help on turning off security staff in a container or find the
problem.

I am trying to use nfs ganesha but the client on the remote host can not
mount the share.
showmonut -e however displays the share.
Here is my problem: open_by_handle_at() is returning EPERM error, from the
manpage: The caller does not have the CAP_DAC_READ_SEARCH capability. Maybe
selinux or other security stuff preventing root to open the file? as far as
I know this container is running in privileged mode according to:
cat /proc/self/uid_map
0 0 4294967295 menas priviledge, right?
I have no idea how to confirm what is the problem and how to change it?

many thanks,
Csaba