[lxc-devel] LXC Console issue.

visweswara mail4visu at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 07:36:00 UTC 2015

Hi All,

       I am running LXC in embedded machine which uses busybox and it make
use of ttyHSL (Qualcomm UART with baud rate 115200) for serial console.
I find all other tty[0-7] of the embedded machine were set to baud rate of
38400;

       I am trying to run LXC busybox inside this embedded machine and I
set inittab file of Container C1 as show below

# cat C1/rootfs/etc/inittab
   ::respawn:/bin/ash

       Problem:  Running busybox commands in launched container terminal is
not working as they were misbehaving

  # ls
  # /bin/ash 's' command not found
  #
  # pwd
  # /bin/ash 'd' command not found
  #
  #
  # cd
  # /bin/ash 'cpw' command not found

   I find LXC make use of tty1 terminal under C1/rootfs/dev/lxc/tty1

The 'lxc' is added in the above path because I configured config file as
below for container C1

lxc.tty = 1
lxc.pts = 1
lxc.devttydir = lxc

I configure to make use of devttydir because the embedded box host is set
to read-only for '/' file-system;

What could be reason of this issue? Is this issue specific to LXC termnial?
or minicon setting specific to LXC? (I was able to see lxc busybox boot
without any issue)

Please let me know, If you need any further information on this. Thanks

--
With regards,
Viswesn