[lxc-devel] LXCFS update problems

Serge Hallyn serge.hallyn at ubuntu.com
Thu Nov 19 18:53:56 UTC 2015

Quoting Dietmar Maurer (dietmar at proxmox.com):
> > > Sorry, I should have proofread my reply.  I combined several thoughts.
> > >
> > > In summary, I think yours is the best we can do - thanks!  I intend to
> > > add that to the lxcfs package, and then hopefully put the init scripts
> > > into the git tree as well.
> >
> > Hm, but in the case of security updates this is not what we want.
>
> Maybe, but breaking existing containers is even worse. So I would
> do the following steps for now:
>
> 1.) Update the lxcfs.service as suggested
>
> 2.) Find a better solution. I still do not understand the suggestion you
> made, so I need to play around with those ideas tomorrow.

Sadly it just doesn't work, without the container being told to
umount+remount /proc/uptime etc, or the file being bound to
another fuse-fs which sits as a proxy.  If we could bind mount
to a symbolic link in the container which resolves to a path
in lxcfs bind-mounted inside a ms_slave directory shared from
the host, that would work - but mount of course resolves all
the way to the final file, so it doesn't work.