[lxc-devel] [lxc-users] docker in lxc

Akshay Karle akshay.a.karle at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 12:44:39 UTC 2015

> So this may get fixed with cgroup namespaces,
>
> (i.e.
> https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/sergeh/linux-security.git/log/?h=2015-11-10/cgroupns
> ,
> github.com/hallyn/lxcfs #2015-11-10/cgns and github.com/lxc/
> #2015-11-09/cgns)

This is great! Using this patch would mean that we don't need cgmanager or
lxcfs, is that correct? Does it already work for unprivileged containers?

If so, I can spend some time trying to generate a deb for the branch,
create an unprivileged container and then try to start up the docker daemon
inside the container to see the next step where it fails. I need to see if
the process of generating debs is documented somewhere.

> but of course for backward compatability that should still be fixed.  Which
> requires choosing a way for docker to decide whether cgroups are in fact
> mounted.

For the backward compatibility, it would mean changing docker such that it
can run without checking if the right cgroups are mounted?