[lxc-devel] CGroup Namespaces (v4)

Eric W. Biederman ebiederm at xmission.com
Wed Nov 18 09:18:44 UTC 2015

"Serge E. Hallyn" <serge at hallyn.com> writes:

> On Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 04:24:27PM -0600, Eric W. Biederman wrote:
>> Similary have you considered what it required to be able to safely set
>> FS_USERNS_MOUNT?
>
> I pushed the one patch which I feel is needed to my branch (it's also
> included in another reply).  Aditya had already added FS_USERNS_MOUNT to
> the cgroup fs flags, so I think we're now all set.  I can start
> unprivileged containers which mount cgroupfs (which make systemd happy).

In principle that sounds very good, and I am glad to see that.

Let's hold off on merging the unprivileged part until everything else is
reviewed and merged and we have performed an extra hard look at the
security implications as it can be easy to overlook something when
relaxing the permissions.

Eric