[lxc-devel] lxc-checkpoint error

Axel Schöner axel.schoener at hs-kl.de
Mon Mar 23 23:17:20 UTC 2015

Am Montag, 23. März 2015, 15:42:47 schrieb Ruslan Kuprieiev:
> Hi!
>
> I'm trying to use lxc-checkpoint to dump/restore simple lxc container.
>
> I added:
> |# hax for criu
>
> lxc.console = none
> lxc.tty = 0
> lxc.cgroup.devices.deny = c 5:1 rwm|
>
> to container config, but when I'm trying to run
>
> |lxc-checkpoint -n $name -D $checkpoint_dir -s -v|
>
> I get:
> Error (mount.c:624): 113: ./sys/fs/cgroup/perf_event doesn't have a
> proper root mount

The problem is, that "/sys/fs/cgroup/perf_event" is in your case a bindmount
from outside (host).
CRIU can dump extern ressources which are bind mounted, you can find details
on: http://www.criu.org/External_bind_mounts.
lxc-checkpoint does not care about /sys/fs/cgroup/perf_event.

--
Ba.Sc Axel Schöner
Hochschule Kaiserslautern in Zweibrücken
email: axel.schoener at hs-kl.de
http://hs-kl.de/~axel.schoener/