[lxc-devel] Patches for lxc.spec.in to build flawlessly on openSUSE/SUSE

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Tue Mar 10 01:49:47 UTC 2015

On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 09:24:11AM +0100, Johannes Kastl wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I finally had some time and moved my patches for the 1.0 spec file to
> github, so you can have a look:
>
> > https://github.com/ojkastl/lxc_Patches/tree/Patches_for_spec_stable-1.0
>
> These
> >
> changes clear up some issues I had when building on
> openSUSE/SUSE, or rather the openSUSE Build Service:
> - - different package names
> - - rpmlint errors
> - - openSUSE/SUSE specific things like e.g. the 'rclxc' link in /usr/sbin
> - - differences in how globs are handled in the %files section
>
> I think up to commit 9e91d94 these patches should be included in the
> upstream spec. Or rather, reworked and improved versions of these
> patches. As I am sure some of these patches need a little more love
> than others. I am just learning how to get into the whole patches via
> git thing, so please excuse if there are some mistakes. Or if these
> patches suck. ;-)
>
> It would be nice if some of you could have a look, if you got time. In
> the meantime I'll try to get my patches to the 1.1 spec into another
> branch.
>
> Looking forward to your comments.
>
> Regards,
> Johannes

Hi,

Sorry for the delay.

I'm not sure how qualified I am to review spec file changes given I'm
not very familiar with RPM packaging.

Anyway, I think it'd be much easier for us to review this if you either
send them to the list or send us a pull-request for your branch on
github.

That makes going through them and commenting much simpler.

Thanks!