[lxc-devel] lxc-clone and lvm snapshot problem

KATOH Yasufumi karma at jazz.email.ne.jp
Tue Mar 3 11:54:27 UTC 2015

When backing store is LVM (without thinpool), lxc-clone can use snapshot(-s).

# lxc-create -B lvm -n c1 -t download
# lxc-clone -s -B lvm -o c1 -n c2
# lvs
  LV   VG   Attr     LSize Pool Origin Data%  Move Log Copy%  Convert
  c1   lxc  owi-a-s- 1.00g
  c2   lxc  swi-a-s- 1.00g      c1       0.01

Then if we run "lxc-destroy -n c1", it deletes not only LV:c1 but also LV:c2.

# lxc-destroy -n c1
  Logical volume "c2" successfully removed
  Logical volume "c1" successfully removed

But /var/lib/lxc/c2/config,rootfs remains.

# lxc-ls
c2

We should use rdepends like aufs and overlayfs?

Thanks,
KATOH Yasufumi