[lxc-devel] patch lxc-archlinux so base_packages is built using the pacman.conf given with -c option

Peter Maloney peter.maloney at yahoo.ca
Sat Jun 20 18:07:56 UTC 2015

Hi,

Here is a simple patch that makes sure the "base" is resolved for the
given ${pacman_conf}, so it won't have nonexistent packages, like when
building a 32 bit lxc, you don't want 32 bit support packages that are
for 64 bit only.

To do that, I just added "${pacman_config"} in the options for when
generating base_packages, and I also moved the generation to after the
-c option is handled, so the pacman_config is known.

I needed to do this to build a 32 bit LXC container. Without it, some
packages found in the base_package array do not exist in the
repositories actually used to download ( Konsole output lib32-glibc and
Konsole output lib32-tcp_wrappers are 2 examples) . I used the
"/opt/arch32/pacman.conf" file created by "pacman -S devtools
arch-install-scripts", (which I modified also to have no "multilib"
section, which also doesn't belong on a 32 bit system, and makes the
script fail when refreshing repositories... not sure whether or not to
report that somewhere)

I tested the following 2 cases:

    # ./lxc-archlinux -n arch32 -a i686 -c /opt/arch32/pacman.conf

    # ./lxc-archlinux -n arch32
Konsole output

*I am not on the list, so be sure to CC me when replying.

*
Peter*
*