[lxc-devel] lxc-net - recent changes

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Thu Jun 18 19:49:36 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 12:34:31PM -0700, Cameron Norman wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I saw that in stgraber's recent patch to lxc-net the location for the lease
> file was changed.
>
> a) Was there any specific reasoning for that
> b) The apparmor profile for dnsmasq needs to be updated to support the new
> location.
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Cameron Norman

I don't believe the patch has been applied yet, it got sent to the list
and acked by Serge, but hasn't been commited to master yet.

The reasoning for this is that all LXC binaries and scripts should
respect the paths passed to LXC's configure script.

I noticed this one when attempting to build and install LXC on a system
that's entirely read-only except for an application path and application
data path.

However, re-reading the patch again, it's actually wrong. We don't want
lease files in $varrun as that's typically temporary storage which goes
away on reboots.

I'll send an updated version of the patch which makes this specifically
configurable.