[lxc-devel] No such file or directory - failed to mount 'mqueue' on '/var/lib/lxc/rootfs/dev/mqueue'

Dennis Schridde devurandom at gmx.net
Sun Jun 7 17:25:47 UTC 2015

Hello again.

> No such file or directory - failed to mount 'mqueue' on '/var/lib/lxc/rootfs/dev/mqueue'

I worked around this by removing the dev/mqueue and dev/shm lines from gentoo.moresecure.conf.

In addition, I added an init_cmd to the config, so that systemd is started instead of OpenRC:
lxc.init_cmd = /usr/lib/systemd/systemd

However the trouble continues:
1. htop on the host shows systemd running in the lxc/XXX cgroup, which does not appear when attaching to the container (lxc-attach -n XXX) and executing `ps aux` there.
2. Trying to execute systemctl inside the container results in:
Failed to get D-Bus connection: Operation not permitted

Does anyone have experience with using LXC+systemd on Gentoo?

Best regards,
Dennis