[lxc-devel] a new API for c/r for lxc 2.0

Tycho Andersen tycho.andersen at canonical.com
Wed Dec 2 21:30:51 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Here's a new, hopefully more extensible, API for doing checkpoint/restore (and
related) operations on a container. There are a few things landing soon in CRIU
that I'd like to integrate, but I haven't specified them yet because they're
not landed, and also because it will be a good test as to whether or not this
extensibility actually works.

The basic idea is similar to the kernel's bpf() syscall, where a variable
length struct is allowed, as long as the extra bits of the struct past what the
current liblxc understands are zeroed out (i.e. some reasonable default value).

Thoughts welcome,

Tycho