[lxc-devel] Download template images default password

TAMUKI Shoichi tamuki at linet.gr.jp
Wed Oct 29 10:51:59 UTC 2014

Hello,

From: Stephane Graber <stgraber at ubuntu.com>
Subject: [lxc-devel] Download template images default password
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 10:56:50 -0400

> Just wanted to give a heads up to everyone that I'm now working on
> changing all the download template generated images to stop shipping
> with default user accounts and passwords.
>
> That means that all the download images will now be much more similar.
> No distro-specific user accounts and no root password (as in "!", not an
> empty string). The post-create message will recommend using lxc-attach
> or changing the password using chroot.

Thank you for your work.  I am looking forward to that.

There is one point that I would like the password treatment to have
the same behavior between the following cases:

  - using the distro-specific template with '-t' option to lxc-create
  - using download template (for non-privileged users)

Regards,
TAMUKI Shoichi