[lxc-devel] containers on OpenWrt

Luka Perkov luka.perkov at sartura.hr
Wed Oct 22 09:10:40 UTC 2014

Dear list readers,

I'd just like to inform you that we now have running containers on
OpenWrt. More or less everything is pushed upstream to OpenWrt, we are
still doing some final tweaking on the OpenWrt's LuCI web interface.

Users are able to use either lxc-* tools directly [1] or use ubus API
where we provide basic functionality by integrating liblxc in a rpcd [2]
plugin [3]. At the moment we are using latest stable release 1.0.6.

We are also going to send few patches to lxc project as well since we
would like to add support for installing OpenWrt via lxc-create.

Comments are welcomed.

Regards,
Luka

PS. For those of you who are interested, linux containers work with C
libraries such as uClibc, eglibc and musl.

[1] https://github.com/openwrt/packages/tree/master/utils/lxc
[2] http://nbd.name/gitweb.cgi?p=luci2/rpcd.git;a=summary
[3] https://github.com/openwrt/packages/tree/master/utils/rpcd-mod-lxc