[lxc-devel] Schedule for the Containers mini-summit at LPC 2014 (next week in Düsseldorf)

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Fri Oct 10 15:21:51 UTC 2014

Hey everyone,

Just thought I'd send our current expected schedule for the containers
mini-summit at Linux Plumbers 2014 happening next Friday morning at the
congress center in Düsseldorf, Germany.

We expect to mostly stick to this schedule with one potential last
minute addition. We also may have to cut a bit of the tea break to fit
everything.

== First part (project updates) ==
 - Title: Opening speech / schedule presentation / intros / ...
   By: Brandon Philips and Stéphane Graber
   Length: 5min

 - Title: LXC after 1.0
   By: Stéphane Graber
   Length: 10min

 - Title: Are containers that we have now secure enough?
   By: Vladimir Davydov and Pavel Emelyanov
   Length: 10min

 - Title: Checkpoint/restore of containers with CRIU
   By: Tycho Andersen, Pavel Emelyanov, Serge Hallyn and Saied Kazemi
   Length: 40min

 - Title: systemd and containers: standards, integration, and APIs
   By: Lennart Poettering
   Length: 15min

===== Tea break =====

 - Title: Kubernetes and Google: Lessons learned from 8+ years of containers
   By: Tim Hockin
   Length: unknown

 - Title: Resource management across different tools
   By: Rohit Jnagal
   Length: 15min

== Second part (device namespaces and related) ==

 - Title: FUSE mounts from user namespaces
   By: Seth Forshee
   Length: 10-15min

 - Title: Dynamic device management in an LXC environment
   By: Michael Coss
   Length: 15min

 - Title: How far are we from running distributions inside containers?
   By: Amir Goldstein and Oren Laadan
   Length: unknown

Looking forward to seeing you all next week!