[lxc-devel] About to tag alpha-2

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Wed Oct 1 12:03:54 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-09-30 at 18:00 -0400, Michael H. Warfield wrote:
> On Tue, 2014-09-30 at 15:56 -0400, Stéphane Graber wrote:
> > Hey everyone,
>
> > So just wanted to let you know that current git master is the alpha-2
> > candidate.
>
> > If you have some time today/tonight, please grab git master and test it
> > to find any major issue which we shouldn't release alpha-2 with.
>
> We have two open buzilla reports, one at Debian and one at Fedora that
> are flagged as security issues due to fixed, predicatable, user ids and
> passwords in the containers created from the live templates.  Can we get
> these issues addressed?  In a distro, that would be a hard stop critical
> dependency.  I would throw a blocker on that alone just to get two
> security reports off our desks.
>
> > If there's no report of such issue by tomorrow morning, I'll tag alpha-2
> > and then we'll resume landing changes into git master.
>
> > Thanks everyone who's contributed to LXC 1.1 so far and sorry for not
> > releasing an alpha earlier, I'd been postponing most of it due for the
> > systemd changes and those took longer to figure out than expected.

> Surprise, surprise...  Has the lxc.kmsg thing and systemd-journald going
> rogue been sorted?  Dwight has had it covered in Oracle and I'm trying
> to cover it in a pending patch for Fedora and CentOS.  Is there anything
> I've missed or Dwight has missed in the rpm camps (Oracle, Fedora,
> CentOS, SUSE)?

Oh, duh...  You are referring to the init script and rpm fixes that I
put together as the "systemd" changes.  I wasn't thinking clearly about
that last night since it was.  Disregard that last remark, yeah.

My last set of changes for the templates is also systemd related er the
systemd-journald problem.

> Regards,
> Mike

Regards,
Mike
--
Michael H. Warfield (AI4NB) | (770) 978-7061 |  mhw at WittsEnd.com