[lxc-devel] LXC/container hackfest during LinuxCon North America in Chicago

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Thu May 22 19:10:33 UTC 2014

Hey everyone,

So we'll be having a LXC/container hackfest, basically a room, booked
for one day (Friday 22nd of August) during LinuxCon North
America/CloudOpen/Kernel Summit in Chicago, IL.

The room is provided to us by the Linux Foundation free of charge, so
long as all our attendees are registered at LinuxCon. The early bird
rates are either $600 if you want to attend the LinuxCon sessions or
just $250 if all you care about is socailizing during LinuxCon and
attending the LXC hackfest.

Those rates are valid until the 6th of June, they then get progressively
bumped until the event.

We don't have a clear agenda, nor do we really plan to have one I think.
Serge and I will be over there from the 20th (arriving in the evening of
the 19th) and leaving on the 23rd. Some folks from parallel will also
attend, we directly invited a few more container folks and hope for the
overlap with the Kernel Summit to simplify some discussions there too.

So if you want to attend, we'd be happy to have you there, in which
case, just register or get your company to register you at:
http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/linuxcon-north-america/attend/register

There's no special form for the LXC hackfest so just reply to this
e-mail or get in touch with me directly so I know who to expect.

As I said, Serge and I will be arriving over there on Tuesday evening
and leaving on Saturday morning, we may be attending some talks here and
there during the first few days but will also be happy to find a nice
bar outside the venue to talk and/or hack with anyone who's interested.
So you can consider the LXC hackfest as spanning the whole length of
LinuxCon with us having a dedicated area only for a day on the Friday.

Sorry for announcing this so late, I told Serge I'd send some kind of
announcement about this a few weeks ago, then partly forgot or was off
with limited internet... and it's now pretty late so figured I'd better
send a short e-mail about it so that interested people can still benefit
from reduced pricing.

I hope to see a bunch of you over there!