[lxc-devel] lxc on openSUSE: lxc-top not working due to lua?

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Sun May 18 13:10:26 UTC 2014

On Sun, 2014-05-18 at 14:07 +0200, Johannes Kastl wrote:
> On 17.05.2014 21:10 Michael H. Warfield wrote:

> > Ok...  I'm primarily a Fedora / CentOS / RHEL / SL / NST guy.  All
> > rpm and yum based.  I dabble in SUSE once in a while, or I use to.
> > If they used the LXC project's lxc.spec file then the lua stuff is
> > in the lxc-lua package.  It's broken out separately but, if lxc-top
> > depends on lua, maybe there's a missing dependency.  But...  Maybe
> > they're not using our lxc.spec file (HELL even Fedora is not using
> > our stock lxc.spec file...  Sigh...).

> I added a --enable-lua to the spec and compiled it, but I got the same
> error. Is there a way to check which options have been used to compile
> lxc? I.e. to see if this has actually been used correctly?

You wrote: "I added a --enable-lua to the spec and compiled it"

Wait...  Let's refine that statement a bit...

You say you added it "to the spec", you mean the lxc.spec.in file?  Then
ran autogen.sh and ran configure to generate the appropriate lxc.spec
file?  When you compiled it, was it by running "make rpm" or just make?
Or did you do like I use to do, tar the whole thing up and run rpmbuild
on the resulting tarball?  The spec file only applies to building rpms
and using the tarball method misses a couple of options.

If you're using the lxc.spec file you should not be adding (do not have
to add) the --enable-lua option (it's auto detected in any case).
Running "make rpm" will pick up on both perl and lua but be sure you
have the corresponding development packages in place first.