[lxc-devel] lxc on openSUSE: lxc-top not working due to lua?

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Sat May 17 19:10:37 UTC 2014

On Sat, 2014-05-17 at 20:43 +0200, Johannes Kastl wrote:
> On 17.05.2014 15:44 Michael H. Warfield wrote:

> > ITMT, what version of LXC do you have installed?

> I installed the 1.0.3 package, which I had asked the maintainer to
> update some time again ago.

> > All those lxc* files would have (should have) come from the LXC
> > package.  The only non-lxc file (loadall.so) is complaining about
> > lxc.so not being there.  Looks like LXC was not built with lua
> > support to begin with.

> I'll have to look at the spec in the rpm, to see if there is something
> related to lua.

Ok...  I'm primarily a Fedora / CentOS / RHEL / SL / NST guy.  All rpm
and yum based.  I dabble in SUSE once in a while, or I use to.  If they
used the LXC project's lxc.spec file then the lua stuff is in the
lxc-lua package.  It's broken out separately but, if lxc-top depends on
lua, maybe there's a missing dependency.  But...  Maybe they're not
using our lxc.spec file (HELL even Fedora is not using our stock
lxc.spec file...  Sigh...).

> To answer Natanaels question, lua version is lua-5.2.2-2.1.2.x86_64.

> Regards,
> Johannes

Regards,
Mike
--
Michael H. Warfield (AI4NB) | (770) 978-7061 |  mhw at WittsEnd.com