[lxc-devel] [lxc/lxc] 31efc3: archlinux template: added sigpwr handling to syste...

Leonid Isaev lisaev at umail.iu.edu
Thu May 8 18:15:52 UTC 2014

On Wed, 7 May 2014 18:37:29 -0400
Dwight Engen <dwight.engen at oracle.com> wrote:

> [...]
>
> I think lxc-fedora has similar. I don't think its wrong per se, given
> that man systemd(1) says "When this signal is received the systemd
> manager will start the sigpwr.target unit.".

The dependency tree for poweroff.target and sigpwr.target seems different, no?
It might well be though that for a container this difference is irrelevant,
but I never looked into it...

> But I agree that the fewer
> changes we have to do to the rootfs of the container the better. FWIW-I
> think we should use lxc.haltsignal, and IIRC that didn't exist at the
> time Mike first got fedora containers with systemd working.

Systemd has become a lot smarter in detecting its virtualized environment,
e.g. there is no need to explicitly mask udev services anymore. So ideally a
template only has to do trivial configuration like setting the hostname and
TZ...

Best,
L.

--
Leonid Isaev
GPG fingerprints: DA92 034D B4A8 EC51 7EA6  20DF 9291 EE8A 043C B8C4