[lxc-devel] How to get details of Host System

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Tue Mar 18 14:08:06 UTC 2014

On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 11:11:30AM +0530, Devendrasing Patil wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am a kind of noob user for lxc.
>

> I wanted to know how do i get details of the server on which my lxc
> container has been hosted. What i meant is : On my Ubuntu Server (13.04), I
> have created a container X. Now from container X, how do i get name of my
> ubuntu server on which it has been created?

You can't. LXC's goal is to make the container feel like an entirely
seperate system, so unless you pass that kind of information from the
host to the container on purpose (say as a text file created at creation
time or through a hook), there isn't a good way to get much information
about the host from the container.