[lxc-devel] [CRIU] LXC integration

Deyan Doychev deyan at 1h.com
Tue Mar 18 12:13:31 UTC 2014

On 03/18/2014 01:41 PM, Pavel Emelyanov wrote:

>> > I wrote a simple plugin that handles the external tty/console mounts by
>> > simply doing nothing. It was just a test out of curiosity. Unfortunately
>> > to get it to successfully dump the container and later restore it I had
>> > to make a few changes to tty.c - we still end up there because we have
>> > pts files opened.
>> >
>> > Do you have any idea of how should I get around this using only a plugin?
> Hm... If we properly restore the /dev/console and /dev/tts in plugin, then
> existing tty restoring code should just pick those up. Can you shed more
> light on what problems you have with ptys?

In this case I assume the problems I was having were due to the fact
that in the test plugin I just skipped dumpig and restoring these mount
points and left in /dev/ttyX what was previously there (some tty device).

I will now concentrate on implementing the exec code and return to this
when I get to fixing /dev/console and /dev/ttyX later on.

If I bump into any problem, I will ask here.

Thanks,
Deyan