[lxc-devel] [patch] lxc-device add wlan

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Fri Mar 7 22:55:14 UTC 2014

On Fri, Mar 07, 2014 at 01:31:58PM +0100, Gregor Beck wrote:
> Hi Stéphane,
>
> Am Dienstag, 25. Februar 2014, 15:50:12 schrieb Stéphane Graber:
> > Ok, so I have played with this a bit and I've got a slightly different
> > version of your change which I'll send for review now
> Thank you.
> Would it be bossible to make this feature accessible from lxc.conf?
>
> Gregor

Hi,

It'd make sense for lxc.network.type = phys to seemlessly work for
wireless interfaces, yes. However note that implementating this will be
a bit more tricky than the python code, since network handling in LXC is
done through direct netlink calls. So you'd have to figure out the right
netlink call to make to do the same as that iw command.