[lxc-devel] OpenSUSE seed containers...

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Wed Jun 25 18:21:16 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-06-25 at 13:27 -0400, Stéphane Graber wrote:
> Thanks,

> I've been doing most of the required changes and I should have something
> sort-of working later today.

> However I've noticed a few things that probably should be fixed:
>  - DHCP isn't starting automatically on eth0, I've got to call "dhcpcd eth0"

Hmmm...  Strange.  I thought I had fixed that in the template and had
tested it with a gen-3 container build under a gen-2 container build
from my gen-1 VM.  Check /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 for
"dhcp".  I'll look into that further.

>  - The template doesn't allow you to specify the release or the architecture

That's something the SUSE gang needs to look at.  I'm not totally sure
zypper will support the cross arch option but, using a seed container
with an arch option set does work for building future containers of the
cross arch build.  Release should be doable, I just haven't looked at
it.

> The second point is the most important as I usually run the build
> environment on the native architecture of the host and then just pass
> the right architecture to the template.

Yeah, if that can be done, it would be great.  Most of my past
experience was with SUSE on a zLinux mainframe and not much help here.
Maybe Thorsten over at SUSE might have some input on this particular
aspect.

Thorsten?

Regards,
Mike