[lxc-devel] LXC 1.0.4 has been released!

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Sat Jun 14 14:20:18 UTC 2014

On Fri, 2014-06-13 at 21:05 +0200, Johannes Kastl wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> On 13.06.2014 19:23 Stéphane Graber wrote:
> > On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 01:17:50PM -0400, Stéphane Graber wrote:
> >> The fourth LXC 1.0 bugfix release is now out!
>
> I am still trying to get lxc 1.0.4 to build for Fedora on the openSUSE
> Buildservice:
>
> This is the build-log:
> > https://build.opensuse.org/package/live_build_log/home:ojkastl_buildservice:LXC/lxc-vanilla/Fedora_19/x86_64

> The
> >

> error message is:
> > /bin/mkdir -p '/usr/share/lxc/config' /bin/mkdir: cannot create
> > directory '/usr/share/lxc': Permission denied

Ok, that was only pointing out the point of error and it took some
hunting...

If you look at every one of the mkdir -p statements in that log prior to
the one that failed, the install directory is in:

/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/lxc-1.0.4-2.1.x86_64/...

That's a normal "make rpm".

The one that fails is this:

/usr/share/lxc/config

That's in the real system directory and, yeah, that's ain't gonna fly.

But when I run a "make rpm" on my Fedora system, I get this:

/home/mhw/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/lxc-1.0.4-1.fc20.x86_64/usr/share/lxc/config

I'm not getting any clue from that log why it failed to install the
template common configuration files into installroot, but that's the
root (excuse the pun) of your problem.  The build system failed to
properly install that particular path into your installroot and I have
no idea why.  It doesn't make sense since it's occurring in the "make
install" (%install) phase of the build and the install prefix should be
applied uniformly.

Maybe you should inquire with the OBS people what's going wrong here.

Regards,
Mike