[lxc-devel] LXC 1.0.4 approaching

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Thu Jun 12 19:53:03 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 09:40:16AM -0400, Michael H. Warfield wrote:
> On Tue, 2014-06-10 at 07:18 -0400, Dwight Engen wrote:
> > On Mon, 9 Jun 2014 11:06:03 -0400
> > Stéphane Graber <stgraber at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Hey there,
> > >
> > > I just pushed Mike's lxc-autostart change to 1.0.4 as it was requested
> > > by both him (for Fedora) and Dwight (for Oracle).
> > >
> > > There's one more crasher in the python3 binding I'd like to sort out
> > > and then I think I'll be good for 1.0.4 on my side.
> > >
> > > My current plan is for a release in the early afternoon US eastern
> > > time on Thursday. It'd be great if distro maintainers planning on
> > > using 1.0.4 could spend some time testing the current stable-1.0
> > > branch to make sure it didn't regress in some ways and that the bugs
> > > you care about have been fixed.
>
> > Hey Stéphane,
>
> > The stable branch did fine in my testing here. I did explicitly test
> > the autostart stuff on both OL6.x (sysvinit) and OL7 (systemd). Thanks!
>
> Yeah, stable branch is running fine here on Fedora 20.
>
> > > Thanks!
>
> Regards,
> Mike
> --
> Michael H. Warfield (AI4NB) | (770) 978-7061 |  mhw at WittsEnd.com
>    /\/\|=mhw=|\/\/          | (678) 463-0932 |  http://www.wittsend.com/mhw/
>    NIC whois: MHW9          | An optimist believes we live in the best of all
>  PGP Key: 0x674627FF        | possible worlds.  A pessimist is sure of it!

Good to hear it looks good for you!

I've been a bit more busy than I expected today so I'll have to postpone
the release to tomorrow. Tagging is pretty quick, but I need a couple of
hours to write the release announcement, possibly even a bit longer
given the number of changes that happened since 1.0.3.