[lxc-devel] LXC 1.0.4 has been released!

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Sat Jul 5 14:09:41 UTC 2014

On Sat, 2014-07-05 at 10:03 +0200, Johannes Kastl wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> sorry for the delay, I was kinda busy...
>
> On 18.06.2014 19:15 Michael H. Warfield wrote:
>
> > I'd really like to look at your changes for lxc.spec but I may not
> > be able to do much with it over the next week.  With luck, we may
> > soon see OpenSUSE images for the download template.
>
> You can find my working version here:
>
> > https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/home:ojkastl_buildservice:LXC/lxc-vanilla/lxc.spec?expand=1

> wanted to split up the changes into
> - needed for opensuse (different package names, etc.)
> and
> - unnecessary / wrong includes (at least according to the openSUSE
> build service).

I'd like a little more detail about what you're referring to there.
Specifically, if the openSUSE build service doesn't like something, I
would like to see the specific errors that it's generating.

In diffing your lxc.spec against the stock 1.0.4 build I see some
changes that I would consider to be largely cosmetic like this:

83c109,110
< Requires:	%{name} = %{version}-%{release}, pkgconfig
---
> Requires:	%{name} = %{version}-%{release}
> Requires:       pkgconfig

and this:

56,57c58,83
< Requires: openssl rsync
< BuildRequires: libcap libcap-devel docbook2X graphviz
---
> Requires: openssl
> Requires: rsync
>
> %if 0%{?fedora} >= 14 || 0%{?rhel} >= 7
> BuildRequires: libcap
> BuildRequires: libcap-devel
> BuildRequires: docbook2X
> BuildRequires: graphviz
> %endif

Does that openSUSE build system require the "BuildRequires" be on unique
individual lines?  I have no heartburn with breaking the lines into
multiple BuildRequires but I am curious if it was necessary or merely a
"style" issue.

I'm also more than a little concerned about that later set of changes,
since that materially impacts builds on CentOS 6 ({%rhel} == 6) and
possibly Oracle 6 but I haven't tested those builds in a long while and
I should probably test it.  It has known problems anyways due to lua and
python3 missing.

I have no problem with those changes and harmonizing the two in the
sources would be fine.  Dwight should probably also review this as well
as this could impact the Oracle builds.

> But atm I do not have time for this, I hope to come back to this issue
> in a few weeks. Sorry.

> Oh, and I have not updated the changelog (at the end of the file) to a
> recent version...

> Regards,
> Johannes

Regards,
Mike
--
Michael H. Warfield (AI4NB) | (770) 978-7061 |  mhw at WittsEnd.com