[lxc-devel] Reminder: LXC hackfest @ LinuxCon North America

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Tue Jul 1 23:31:21 UTC 2014

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to send one more reminder about the upcoming LXC hackfest
happening on Friday August 22nd during LinuxCon North America.

A bunch of us will be present the rest of the week too, attending some
of the talks or just doing hallway hacking.

For those interested, we also submitted two talks that have been accepted:
 - Simulating the Internet Using Unprivileged LXC Containers
   Scheduled on Friday August 22nd at 12:35pm, presented by me on some
   of the crazy stuff I've been using LXC for lately.

   This is part of LinuxCon North America in the Containers track (which
   was introduced at the last minute so you may want to look it up).

 - Application confinement with user namespaces
   Presented by Serge Hallyn and myself (if I can make it early enough)
   during the Linux Security Summit happening on Monday/Tuesday in parallel
   with the Kernel Summit.

   This will mostly cover what's possible to do with user namespaces
   nowadays, what userspace looks like at the moment and a demo of
   unprivileged LXC containers running contained GUI software.

Details for all the conferences can be found here:
 http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/linuxcon-north-america

The current prices are:
 - Networking pass (hallway track only + social events): $300
 - Full pass: $750 (until July 18th)
 - Student pass: $200

Only the networking pass is required to attend the LXC hackfest and any
other unofficial hack session we may organize during the week, however
if you want to make it to the talks, you'll need the full pass.

In order to make sure we have a big enough room, please let me know if
you're planning on attending the hackfest.

Thanks and looking forward to seeing some of you over there!