[lxc-devel] lxc-stop inconsistencies

Robert Vogelgesang vogel at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jan 28 18:26:22 UTC 2014

Hi,

during my tests today I found some inconsistencies between the documented
and the actual behaviour of some lxc-stop options.

The documentation says that you could use --nokill to prevent hard-killing
the container's processes; actually you have to use --no-kill, or else
lxc-stop will complain.  Looking at the source, the same seems to be
true for --nolock; you'd have to use --no-lock instead.

And --nowait / -W works as documented only when used together with --reboot,
but using

# lxc-stop -n test -W

waits until the container has shut down.

What should be fixed, documentation or lxc-stop's behaviour?

	Robert