[lxc-devel] Last minute template addition - universal image based template

Serge Hallyn serge.hallyn at ubuntu.com
Fri Jan 10 22:43:51 UTC 2014

Quoting Stéphane Graber (stgraber at ubuntu.com):
> Hey everyone,
>
> First of all, sorry for coming up with that so late in the 1.0
> development cycle. I tried to convince myself for a long time that this
> wasn't necessary but reality is that with unprivileged containers, we
> need to start thinking about new ways to let our users create
> containers.

Just a quick note for the new template you'd create to unpack this, to
hopefully save you a bit of frustration: as with the ubuntu-cloud
template, you have to do

tar --anchored --exclude="dev/*" --numeric-owner -xpzf "$cache/$filename"

and then create bind mount fstab entries for the crucial devices.

thanks,
-serge