[lxc-devel] Question on lxc-snapshot directory

John Peacock jpeacock at messagesystems.com
Fri Jan 10 15:21:05 UTC 2014

On Fri, 2014-01-10 at 00:10 -0600, Serge Hallyn wrote:
> > smart enough to ignore hidden directories)?  Alternatively, the snapshot
> > folder could alternatively be rootfs.snap under the container folder
>
> That might be ok, but not named 'rootfs.snap' since rootfs implies it's
> not a collection of full container snapshots.  But that might be more
> problematic with zfs.

Then snapshots as a peer to rootfs make more sense.  I like the
simplicity of having the snapshots be related to the container itself,
rather than the system as a whole.

However this would necessitate changing completely how the snapshot
restore functions.  Currently it just blows away the entire container
config and restores (incorrectly in the case of btrfs, as my other
e-mail described), rather than just updating the rootfs itself.

John

--
JOHN PEACOCK
senior software build and release engineer

tel 410-872-4910 x239
email john.peacock at messagesystems.com