[lxc-devel] RFC: cgroups aware proc

Marian Marinov mm at yuhu.biz
Sat Jan 4 04:28:57 UTC 2014

Happy new year guys.

I need to have /proc cgroups aware, as I want to have LXC containers that see only the resources that are given to them.

In order to do that I had to patch the kernel. I decided to start with cpuinfo, stat and interrupts and then continue
with meminfo and loadavg.

I managed to patch the Kernel (linux 3.12.0) and make /proc/cpuinfo, /proc/stat and /proc/interrupts be cgroups aware.

Attached are the patches that make the necessary changes.

The change for /proc/cpuinfo and /proc/interrupts is currently done only for x86 arch, but I will patch the rest of the
architectures if the style of the patches is acceptable.

Tomorrow I will check if the patches apply and build with the latest kernel.

Best regards,
Marian