[lxc-devel] Strawman proposal... Default passwords in templates...

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera kikitux at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 11:26:44 UTC 2014

Hello, just sharing my 2 cents here.

What about 2 separate options?

If the user that is running lxc-create have ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub use that for
root.

and

allow use an external id_rsa.pub as an argument in the command line?

In Vagrant, a tool used to create vm's in virtualbox/vmware, they have a
public private/pub key, so all the machines can be accessed using vagrant's
pub key, which for non-hardcore users is pretty convenient.

Now that lxc is going mainstream with vendor support, and tools like
docker, if lxc include a private/pub key with the installation, I think
will made the life easier to pack and share containers a la vagrant.

Alvaro.