[lxc-devel] lxc-destroy -f no longer stops the instance???

John Peacock jpeacock at messagesystems.com
Wed Feb 26 15:44:25 UTC 2014

Did I miss something in the rush to 1.0.0?  I have a script to take a
(running or not) bare VM and destroy it, then create a new one with the
same name as a snapshot of a base image.  I just tried it for the first
time since the 1.0.0 release and `lxc-destroy -f` no longer stops the
instance before destroying it.  The docs still suggest it should.

Of course, this is cleaner and faster anyways:

  sudo lxc-stop -k -n rh64bare
  sudo lxc-destroy -n rh64bare

but if the old functionality no longer works that way, the docs should
reflect that fact.

Thanks

John

--
JOHN PEACOCK
senior software build and release engineer

tel 410-872-4910 x239
email john.peacock at messagesystems.com