[lxc-devel] LXC 1.0 has been released!

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Thu Feb 20 19:20:09 UTC 2014

Hello everyone,

It's with great pleasure that the LXC development team is announcing
the release of LXC 1.0!

This release is a significant milestone for us as it is the first
release we consider to be production ready.  It is also the fruit of 10
months of effort by over 60 different contributors (over 1000 commits).

LXC 1.0 features a wide variety of improvements to container security, a
consistent set of tools, updated documentation and an API with multiple
bindings.  We are confident that this is the best LXC release yet and
that our users will find it reliable and easy to use.

A series of blog posts on LXC and LXC 1.0 features is also available:
https://www.stgraber.org/2013/12/20/lxc-1-0-blog-post-series

We intend to provide bugfix and security updates on this release for the
coming 5 years, cherry-picking and backporting fixes from our master
branch as they come.  We will also do further releases in the 1.0 series
as those fixes start to accumulate in our stable branch.

A detailed release announcement may be found here:
https://linuxcontainers.org/news

The release tarballs may be found at https://linuxcontainers.org/downloads
or you may just wait a few days for your favorite distribution to
package this new LXC release.

Our git repository and bug tracker are on Github: https://github.com/lxc/lxc

Additional information on LXC itself may be found on our website:
https://linuxcontainers.org

And we have mailing-lists for user questions and for development (patches):
https://lists.linuxcontainers.org

We hope you'll enjoy this new release as much as we do!

Stéphane Graber
On behalf of the LXC development team