[lxc-devel] Centos template: symlink for /dev/fd missing?

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Thu Feb 13 17:18:08 UTC 2014

On Thu, 2014-02-13 at 14:02 +0100, Harald Dunkel wrote:
> Hi folks,

> Problem in LXC (beta4) running a Centos 6.5 client:

> 	# cat <(echo hello)
> 	cat: /dev/fd/63: No such file or directory

> On a "real" host /dev/fd is a symlink pointing to /proc/self/fd.
> AFAICS only the altlinux template creates this symlink. Debian
> seems to provide the link on its own.

> lxc.autodev = 1 does not help. I tried, of course.

> Question: Should this symlink be added to the lxc-centos template,
> as it was done for altlinux?

Probably.  I'll have to look at it.  If the CentOS template needs it,
then the Fedora template would also probably need it as well, especially
in the autodev case.  The Oracle template also doesn't do anything
with /dev/fd and it should be very similar to the CentOS layout.  I'm
not sure what the deal is.  Maybe they're providing it in their startup.

> Every helpful comment would be highly appreciated
> Harri

Regards,
Mike
--
Michael H. Warfield (AI4NB) | (770) 978-7061 |  mhw at WittsEnd.com