[lxc-devel] problem with user namespace as root

Serge Hallyn serge.hallyn at ubuntu.com
Wed Feb 12 22:20:13 UTC 2014

Quoting Stephan Sachse (ste.sachse at gmail.com):
> i've lost my brain! i'm not a c programmer. someone who knows what
> he's doing, should have a look on it.

Your code actually looks good.  Your error is:

> lxc-start 1392232180.861 ERROR    lxc_conf - Invalid argument - failed
> to mount a new instance of '/dev/pts'
> lxc-start 1392232180.861 ERROR    lxc_conf - failed to setup the new
> pts instance

I'm guessing that /dev/pts in the directory didn't get created so you
can't mount onto it.  But I'm not sure offhand why that would be.  The
nifty new share-host-devtmpfs stuff is throwing me off.

Try adding some INFOs in mount_autodev() around the places where it
plays with /dev/pts.  Or perhaps Michael has some hints :)