[lxc-devel] More problems with command option conventions...

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Sat Feb 1 16:01:55 UTC 2014

Hey all!

I've been helping someone by reviewing an article they're writing about
LXC.  An issue just came up that point out a glaring inconsistency in
our use of command option parameters in creating containers from
templates.

In the templates, we're specifying the path to the container directory
as "--path" or "-p".  But, in arguments.c, the same information is
provided by -P (cap) or --lxcpath.  So one convention is used before the
double dash "--" and a different convention after for the same
information.

That's not good, is it???

Should we fix that inconsistency?  Which way?  Should that information
be specified in that manner?  What would be the result of something like
this:

lxc-create --lxcpath /var/lib/lxc -n foo -t fedora -- --path /srv/foobar

Regards,
Mike
--
Michael H. Warfield (AI4NB) | (770) 978-7061 |  mhw at WittsEnd.com