[lxc-devel] Valid Container Names/Identifiers

Joel Nider JOELN at il.ibm.com
Thu Dec 18 10:50:37 UTC 2014

I would strongly suggest to nail this down now since the question came up.
 This is the kind of issue that could create security bugs later on (when
different parts of the code check for valid names in different ways, or
don't check at all). Stephane's suggestion of a 64 ASCII character string
that forms a valid Linux hostname sounds good to me - is this formally
defined somewhere?

Regards,

Joel

"lxc-devel" <lxc-devel-bounces at lists.linuxcontainers.org> wrote on