[lxc-devel] About to tag 1.1.0~alpha3

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Tue Dec 2 20:56:05 UTC 2014

Hello,

So all the patches that we had around have been applied, Jenkins looks
pretty happy and a bit of manual testing here didn't show me any massive
regression.

That means that I'm about to tag 1.1.0~alpha3, my plan is to tag it by
noon (US eastern) tomorrow.

I'd appreciate it if everyone could test the bits they care about to
make sure we don't have any nasty bug in there, hopefully it's all fine
and we'll get to enjoy our last alpha release.

Current timeline is for rc1 to be tagged before the 20th and then extra
rcs to be tagged as needed with the final 1.1 release still aimed at
first or second week of January.

As a reminder, my goal for rc1 is to have proper systemd support, both
privileged and unprivileged. I've already submitted the lxc.init_cmd bit
but we still need to rework autodev (currently waiting a bit longer for
feedback from Mike since it's his baby) and add/commonize the init
system detection code.

Parallel to that, Serge and I will be working on lxfs which is the fuse
filesystem providing all the bits that systemd expects in an
unprivileged way (and more). The plan is to have the first release of
lxfs be out just ahead of LXC 1.1.