[lxc-devel] Building upstream lxc.spec on openSUSE OBS

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Tue Aug 19 20:34:21 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-08-19 at 15:58 -0400, Michael H. Warfield wrote:
> On Tue, 2014-08-19 at 20:56 +0200, Johannes Kastl wrote:
> > On 18.08.2014 18:29 Michael H. Warfield wrote:
> >
> > > That's going to be my gold standard for merging your changes in.
> > > There have been some changes in the area of the %post sections of
> > > that spec file and your patch won't apply cleanly.  I can cherry
> > > pick the Suse specific changes out of it but there still remains
> > > the issue of missing source files.

> > See my other mail for the source issues.

> > Of course the docbook2x-thing is an issue with the OBS, I never
> > proposed building without just to workaround that. That was just to
> > see if the spec builds at all.

> Yeah, while waiting for the dust to settle on some private conversations
> over the next round of patches and some reorganization, I've been
> working on this under SuSE 13.1.  I've pretty much worked through the
> required changes but ran into some peculiar gotcha's.

> Still sorting out why but configure / configure.ac is not picking up on
> the SuSe distro properly for me (which affects where the new default
> config files live) and the apparmour things briefly threw me for a loop.
> I've got those sorted now and it is building on SuSe 13.1 native (in a
> container) for me.  I may be able to get some or all of this rolled into
> the next patch set if it's not too involved (so far it's not).

Got the distro recognition sorted.  Seems that "lsb_release" was
returning "OpenSuSe Project" and configure wasn't recognizing it
resulting in an "unknown".  I'm surprised you didn't run into that.
Required a couple of fixes to configured.ac for opensuse* but maybe you
didn't have the impacted files in play for your build.  Mostly affected
where the default sysconfig config files resided which is not in 1.0.5
at all.  I'm real close at this point.  It's building on 13.1.

> > Regards,
> > Johannes

Regards,
Mike
--
Michael H. Warfield (AI4NB) | (770) 978-7061 |  mhw at WittsEnd.com