[lxc-devel] Starting lxc via systemd on openSUSE: "action: command not found"

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Wed Aug 13 21:36:14 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-08-13 at 21:53 +0200, Johannes Kastl wrote:
> On 13.08.2014 21:38 Michael H. Warfield wrote:

> > The "action" command is a sysvinit'ism.  It's actually a function
> > that's picked up out of "$sysconfdir"/rc.d/init.d/functions which
> > I'm guessing you're missing.

> Right, that one does not exist on my openSUSE machine. Actually,
> neither does /etc/rc.d/init.d. And /etc/rc.d is a link to /etc/init.d/.

> I adjusted the lines like this:
> > echo "..." /usr/bin/lxc-autostart $OPTIONS $BOOTGROUPS

> And now I get an error, as the touch in the next lines does not find
> /var/lock/subsys/...

Well...  You've got /var/lock and tmpfs is mounted on it (OpenSuse
13.1).  Looks like it's empty for me though.  Guess it needs a mkdir -p
subsys unless the subsystem lock should go somewhere else.  Maybe just
fall back to using /var/lock.  Looks at the other init scripts in that
directory, I'm not seeing much in the way of subsystem lockfile use.

> Regards,
> Johannes

Regards,
Mike
--
Michael H. Warfield (AI4NB) | (770) 978-7061 |  mhw at WittsEnd.com