[lxc-devel] call to setup_dev_symlinks with lxc.autodev

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Thu Apr 17 16:00:43 UTC 2014

On Thu, 2014-04-17 at 17:03 +0200, William Dauchy wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 3:59 PM, Serge Hallyn <serge.hallyn at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> > So doing an 'ls' fills those in?  That's what I don't understand here,
> > why would ls create those?
> > And simply creating the symlinks on the backing store ahead of time is
> > not an option?

> there are created; the list directory make the FS aware of it. that's
> a workaround of a bug I did not dig into for now.

Ah.  You didn't post the actual hook script and merely had a comment in
the config about what it did.  I just made the assumption that it was
doing something more and actually creating those symlinks.

> >> I also don't understand what is so difficult to get: it does not make
> >> sense to have options to enable/disable creations of stuff in /dev
> >> (kmsg/autodev), but not for these four links. That's what I need.
> >
> > Ok, I'm fine taking a patch to make those four links depend on autodev.
>
> cool.
> --
> William

Regards,
Mike
--
Michael H. Warfield (AI4NB) | (770) 978-7061 |  mhw at WittsEnd.com