[lxc-devel] call to setup_dev_symlinks with lxc.autodev

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Thu Apr 17 15:21:57 UTC 2014

On Thu, 2014-04-17 at 17:03 +0200, William Dauchy wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 3:59 PM, Serge Hallyn <serge.hallyn at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> > So doing an 'ls' fills those in?  That's what I don't understand here,
> > why would ls create those?
> > And simply creating the symlinks on the backing store ahead of time is
> > not an option?

> there are created; the list directory make the FS aware of it. that's
> a workaround of a bug I did not dig into for now.

Created on the original image or by the hook script?  The proper answer
is to create them when the original image is created along with the
devices you are creating in image /dev.

> >> I also don't understand what is so difficult to get: it does not make
> >> sense to have options to enable/disable creations of stuff in /dev
> >> (kmsg/autodev), but not for these four links. That's what I need.
> >
> > Ok, I'm fine taking a patch to make those four links depend on autodev.

> cool.

Yeah, no.  Making it depend on autodev is not viable.

> --
> William

Regards,
Mike
--
Michael H. Warfield (AI4NB) | (770) 978-7061 |  mhw at WittsEnd.com