[lxc-devel] call to setup_dev_symlinks with lxc.autodev

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Wed Apr 16 19:15:25 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-04-16 at 18:41 +0200, William Dauchy wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 5:07 PM, Serge Hallyn <serge.hallyn at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> > Sorry I'm not understanding what you're saying here.  Which mount is
> > not correctly setup?

> The system disk from my container (which is RO is my case)

I think Serge and I are both confused by what your doing and your
terminology.  You've got a non-standard setup you are using for some
purpose, and that's fine, but you're going to have to be more specific
and precise about what it is.

What version of LXC?
What distro (template) and revision was installed in that container?
What custom configuration changes have you made?
Are you running with autodev=0 or autodev=1?

It sounds like this "system disk" was created as an image file or
physical disk.  Which and how was it created?

From what you've now described, I would have expected it to work.  If
those symlinks already exist, there should have been no problem.  But
it's not clear what your doing so I'm uncertain why it's failing.

In your original post you state...

On Mon, 2014-04-14 at 15:18 +0200, William Dauchy wrote:
> but in my case I need to manually access the /dev directory in order
> to make it return EEXIST.

I don't understand this statement.  What are you doing "in order to make
it return EEXIST?"  Create the symlinks?  In your previous message, you
said the 4 symlinks already exist.  Ok...  Then what does this "I need
to manually access the /dev directory" mean?  What are you doing when
you do?

> --
> William

Regards,
Mike
--
Michael H. Warfield (AI4NB) | (770) 978-7061 |  mhw at WittsEnd.com