[lxc-devel] Device Namespaces

Janne Karhunen janne.karhunen at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 17:01:31 UTC 2013

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 4:56 PM, Greg Kroah-Hartman
<gregkh at linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

>> I suppose so, but now you take the assumption that there is no
>> need for running multiple Linux variants on the same host (say
>> Ubuntu and Android side by side). Is this something you would
>> not like to see done?
>
> You can do that today without any need for device namespaces, so why is
> this an issue here?

I think you misunderstood me. I wasn't so much advocating on the
device namespace part, just the issue at hand (device access
filtering based on which ns happens to be 'active'). We are already
trying to do this in userspace, let's see how that goes.

That being said, our wish would be to support any combination of
OS's and frankly, I'd be slightly annoyed to tell the customer that
they can't do two Androids or we magically run out of bits.

--
Janne