[lxc-devel] Change rootfs pinning mechnism

Jäkel, Guido G.Jaekel at dnb.de
Fri Sep 13 10:50:30 UTC 2013

Dear Christian,

>It was, but there was/is no O_EXCL in the open() command, so a
>pre-existing .hold file was never a reason for the container
>startup to fail. (Which was necessary because they were never
>removed on shutdown previously.) So in that sense, this behavior
>hasn't changed.

I'm sorry that I'm not using release levels with this code up to now, therefore I was not able to notice that the file file wasn't removed. As you may continue working at this: Do you also think it should be tweeked in that way? Then, it would be "more than a hold file" and might get another name, e.g. ".running"

Guido