[lxc-devel] Automated builds and tests

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Tue Oct 29 22:24:32 UTC 2013

Hello,

For a while now, we've been doing almost daily builds of LXC in
ppa:~ubuntu-lxc/daily on Launchpad as well as occasional test builds on
armhf and on Android.

I've now reworked a bit our tools so that we get better automation of
this and I'm happy to report that at this point, we've got the following
builds and tests run automatically every hour should something change:
 - Build on Ubuntu trusty amd64
 - Build on Ubuntu trusty i386
 - Build on Ubuntu trusty armhf
 - Build on Debian unstable amd64
 - Build on Debian unstable i386
 - Build on Debian unstable armhf
 - Coverity build on Ubuntu trusty amd64
 - Clang build on Ubuntu trusty amd64

This means that coverity is pretty much always up to date now (for those
of you with access) and that you can also get very recent builds at:
http://qa.linuxcontainers.org

The next steps include:
 - Android build on Ubuntu trusty amd64
 - Build on Oracle 6 amd64
 - Build on Oracle 6 i386
 - Run all tests on Ubuntu trusty amd64
 - Run all tests on Ubuntu trusty i386
 - Run all tests on Ubuntu trusty armhf

Those are a bit trickier to setup and I hope to have those done in the
coming month.

I'm also planning on re-organizing the web server a bit to make it
usable by Ubuntu and Debian users directly as a repository.

All of those builds are typically done with the maximum set of feature
possible in current LXC.